Scope and Sequence for the Social Studies courses
- Careers (1071-1076) — six PACES for 7th graders to get a quick overview of a variety of occupations, including ministry .
- State History is what 7th graders do for the last half of the year after the Careers PACES. You’re on your own to find and complete a state history course as ACE only publishes for a couple of states. Here is a separate article about the various options you could consider.
- American History (1085-1096) – This course is significantly more challenging than the previous levels; students must learn to study harder for check-ups, try new study skills, and make notecards throughout each PACE with names, dates, and important events. The 4th edition is now available and is a well-designed upgrade! NOTE: There is a 2021 Revision to the last PACE (1096) which includes the 2019 Covid Pandemic and 2020 Election. If your PACE is the revised edition, but your scorekey is not, then you need this one page updater that I created: https://pacesuccess.net/wp-content/uploads/SS-1096-2021-updater.pdf
- World History (97-108) – This is an OLD edition (ready for a rewrite soon! I actually did these same PACES in the 1970’s when I was a student!) I rewrote several of the tests to make the tests better line up with the content of the PACES and Self Tests. I don’t want to post the tests here, but will gladly supply them as pdf files to teachers/parents who request them.
- World Geography (1097-1108) – I personally recommend this for tenth grade level as it is more challenging than the World History course. This is a very good course with lots of good content. Students need to be aware that they will be stretched to learn new study skills to master the content (capitals, maps, terms, data). The link for this course takes you to a page with links to other supplemental resources that will be helpful, including test tip stickers and outline maps. The new 4th edition of this course has been released now and is very well done.
- U.S. History (1121-1132) – Recommended for 11th grade level, this is 4th edition and is very well written. No need for test tips!
- Civics (1133-1138) – Designed for 12 graders, this is a well-written course covering the history and structure of our government and the responsibilities of citizens. Click the link on the Economics page below to download test tips stickers for both Civics and Economics.
- Economics (1139-1144) – Designed as the second semester of 12th grade. Another well written course. Click on the course link for a page with other resources, videos, and test tips.